Help with Fedora Core 3 Freezes when/if screen saver is on

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Mar 30 21:45:01 UTC 2005

Roberto R. Heredia wrote:
> Hello Dear Friends,
>
> I am running Fedora Core 3 on an IBM. I was using Mandrake 10.0 and
> everything was working fine. I am experiencing this problem:
>
> 1. My computer freezes if I leave it unattended for a while. I disabled
> the screen saver, and still freezes. I have to turn it OFF/ON every time
> the screen-saver is on. I have the suspicion that it is the X-server?
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Roberto

I have had issues with the 3D screen savers in FC1 and 3D not working
properly.  Also a different default screen resolution for one user
than the default resolution.  I turned off 3D screen savers in both
cases and no more lockups.  Even doing a test of the screen saver
would cause the system lockup.

--
Robin Laing