pam_ldap

Jon Thompson coldsnap at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:48:28 UTC 2005

Ok:  I have a RHEL 3.0 box and a Fedora Core 3.  I am using pam_ldap
for system authentication.  They have the exact same configuration
files and parameters.  I copied the files from the working box to the
malfunctioning system.  I can execute getent passwd and see all of the
user names that are available through ldap.  However, when I try and
login it fails.  When I try and su to a vlaid user I get an 'incorrect
password' error.  I have tcpdumped the traffic and watched the logs on
teh ldap server, the system is connecting and there has been no
failure due to acls.  However, when I run debug withe the pam module I
get a pam_ldap: simple bind failure.  Has anyone else come across
anything like this?

Thanks,

Jon