wide screen laptop problem

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Wed Mar 30 22:41:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 13:41, Jon Hill wrote:
> > Modes    "1280x800" 800x600" "640x480"
> >
> >>Is this a transcription error, or is there really a missing " before the
> >>800x600?  That might be causing you some issues.
>
> I did have this error briefly, I corrected it but didn't send the update
> conf file in my email. So, this isn't the cause unfortunately.
>
> Jon
Jon;

I just ran through the setup for G.P. and found that the display settings
program will remove the "1280x800" setting. So try editing
th /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and for the 2 lines that start with "Modes" add
"1280x800" as the first option.  This reset all my settings to a proper wide
screen setup. (after an X restart of course).