installing Request Tracker 3.4.1 on FC3

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Thu Mar 31 00:19:30 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005, at 17:55 US/Central, Ronald Nissley wrote:
> I have RT 3.4.1 running on FC3. It works fairly well...I'm running it
> on
> some older hardware which may explain the (IMO) somewhat slow
> performance. I've not yet been successful running it using fast-cgi and
> suexec, but haven't given up. It took a lot of time and patience to get
> it installed and running. Probably the single greatest time investment
> was reading through much of the documentation
> (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/). The following is for FC2, but should
> still be largely relevant:
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FedoraCore2InstallGuide If you
> have a specific question I'll do my best to answer.

Yup.  That's what we've been using as our guide, too.  The worst part
is all the package dependencies, a problem for which apt, yum, urpmi,
and fink are well suited.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent