Help with Fedora Core 3 Freezes when/if screen saver is on

Ted Wager ted at trufflesdad.plus.com
Thu Mar 31 06:16:39 UTC 2005

Roberto R. Heredia wrote:
> Hello Dear Friends,
>
> I am running Fedora Core 3 on an IBM. I was using Mandrake 10.0 and
> everything was working fine. I am experiencing this problem:
>
> 1. My computer freezes if I leave it unattended for a while. I disabled
> the screen saver, and still freezes. I have to turn it OFF/ON every time
> the screen-saver is on. I have the suspicion that it is the X-server?
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Roberto

I had a similar problem to this..I ran aida and found the vid card was
only showing 1mb memory at times instead of 64mb...I bought a s/h vid
card and the problem is cured...Funny part about it is the computer
would work perfectly under Libranet,partially in Fedora and BLAG but any
other distro caused it to freeze.....I did find that linux was still
running as streamtuner continued to work but I got no input from k/board
or mouse..

--
Regards
   Ted Wager