top posting, HTML posting and "the closer"

Will Yardley fedora-list at veggiechinese.net
Thu Mar 31 06:40:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:34:34PM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:

> actually yes... those that happen to be using MS Lookout or Lookout
> Xpress have no way of configuring their client to bottom post - that
> must be done manaully. I've done some research on this and found that to
> the message almost each time I've come across a top-posted reply the
> sender is using one of the two afore mentioned M$ email clients.

I believe it's possible to configure both Lookout and Lookout Distress
to quote properly; at least the former.

http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/quote.htm

There is also a program called "Outlook Quotefix" which works for at
least some versions.

http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

> Hotmail does the same thing.

No it doesn't.

It doesn't provide a proper citation, but it does quote properly (and
even uses flowed text).

> not sure about Yahoo webmail.

You can quote properly in yahoo, though the default wrap margin is
really small.