Change X Resolution to 1024x768

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 12:24:52 UTC 2005

Livhu Tshisikule wrote:
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 13:29, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
>>Livhu Tshisikule wrote:
>>

> Using  "system-config-display" it only shows me  a maximum of 800x600
>
> I have an LG StudioWorks 505E Monitor and it is not on option the list.
>
> Regards
> Livhu Tshisikule

If your monitor is not one of the selections listed, you can choose the
generic CRT choice and set it to 1024 x 768 from there. Without a
monitor type selected the maximum resolution is 800 x 600 in my
experience. This choice should be available when running
system-config-display.

Jim

--
Stability itself is nothing else than a more sluggish motion.