Help with Fedora Core 3 Freezes when/if screen saver is on

Roberto R. Heredia rheredia at tamiu.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:19:27 UTC 2005

Hello Trichy,

Thank you for our kind response. I have used the same everything (from
Mandrake). With Mandrake I did not have any problems and my computer is
also paritioned with another OS and I do not have the same problems. I
will investigate this issue in the IBM web.

Best Regards,

Roberto

Trichy pasupathy wrote:

>Roberto,
>
>Apart from the video card problem, after changing to FC-3 did you also
>change to USB keyboard and mouse? I am asking this bcos, some
>motherboards need a special jumper setting to enable the system to
>wake up with a USB device. I am not sure of IBM mobos. Currently, do
>you have any other OS and does that also give you the same problem?
>
>Regards,
>Trichy
>
>On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:16:39 +0100, Ted Wager <ted at trufflesdad.plus.com> wrote:
>

>>Roberto R. Heredia wrote:
>>

>>>Hello Dear Friends,
>>>
>>>I am running Fedora Core 3 on an IBM. I was using Mandrake 10.0 and
>>>everything was working fine. I am experiencing this problem:
>>>
>>>1. My computer freezes if I leave it unattended for a while. I disabled
>>>the screen saver, and still freezes. I have to turn it OFF/ON every time
>>>the screen-saver is on. I have the suspicion that it is the X-server?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advanced.
>>>
>>>Roberto
>>>

>>I had a similar problem to this..I ran aida and found the vid card was
>>only showing 1mb memory at times instead of 64mb...I bought a s/h vid
>>card and the problem is cured...Funny part about it is the computer
>>would work perfectly under Libranet,partially in Fedora and BLAG but any
>>other distro caused it to freeze.....I did find that linux was still
>>running as streamtuner continued to work but I got no input from k/board
>>or mouse..
>>
>>--
>>Regards
>>  Ted Wager
>>    Fedora Linux user
>>
>>--

Roberto R. Heredia, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Psychology
Department of Behavioral, Applied Sciences & Criminal Justice
Texas A&M International University
5201 University Boulevard
Laredo, Texas  78041-1900

Cognitive Science Laboratory: BH 224