installing Request Tracker 3.4.1 on FC3

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Mar 31 15:25:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 18:55 -0500, Ronald Nissley wrote:
> I have RT 3.4.1 running on FC3. It works fairly well...I'm running it on
> some older hardware which may explain the (IMO) somewhat slow
> performance. I've not yet been successful running it using fast-cgi and
> suexec, but haven't given up. It took a lot of time and patience to get
> it installed and running. Probably the single greatest time investment
> was reading through much of the documentation
> (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/). The following is for FC2, but should
> still be largely relevant:
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FedoraCore2InstallGuide If you
> have a specific question I'll do my best to answer.
FWIW: I have just uploaded my brand-new rt3 rpms for FC3/FE3 (comprising
rpms for their perl modules) to http://packman.links2linux.de

They are available via ftp/http from several packman mirrors, e.g.
http://packman.iu-bremen.de/fedora/3
or
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/fedora/3

and yum
(cf. http://packman.iu-bremen.de/fedora/3/packman-fc3)

Please note: These packages have not undergone extensive testing yet.
They just work for me - Use at your own risk.

Ralf