How to get nfs debugging information.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:49:59 UTC 2005

We have 50 or so machines doing mounts of home directories from an nfs
server. But we are having problems with three machines that sometimes
can mount and sometimes can't. We get a mount authorized message but
no mount occurs.

I would like to know how to get more debugging information from the
nfs mounting process. Is the --debug all on rpc.mountd useful in this
regard? Is there something else we can do.

Let me say parenthetically that machines having trouble mounting are OS
X machines but this is a Fedora list so I don't request OS X help (but
it would be accepted). The focus of my question is how to get more
information for debugging problems with the nfs mount from the nfs
server?

God isn't dead, he just couldn't find a parking place.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.