Terminal problem with FC3 in X, but works fine in text terminal.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Mar 31 16:57:26 UTC 2005

I noticed when I upgraded to FC3 that nano would do not work as
before when paging down in a script. It would keep about the first
quarter of the page as the first page, and the rest of the next pages.
Not a problem, since I could use gedit, and it worked fine. It would
work just fine if I use Ctrl-Alt F1 to open a regular terminal window.

I've now run into the same type of problem when using the systems
to access our AS/400 with tn5250, when working on longer souce
code, the page down displays the same problems, but again works
fine when opened in a regular terminal windown instead of a
terminal window from X.

No problems with FC1 or FC2 in the past. Is there a way to fix this
problem, I would like to have my students use Linux more, but
access to the AS/400 is required for a number of our courses.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  16,039
Processing time:  30 years, 186 days,  1 hours,  9 minutes
(Total Hours: 267,265)