FC3 xorg.conf for Dell 5150 laptop with nVidia GeForce 5200 FX

Thu Mar 31 18:00:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 18:37 +0200, Pierre De Boeck wrote:
> 	Hi Marc,
>
> I used your very useful tips for installing
> FC1 on my Dell inspiron 5150.
>
> Now I install FC3 and I have no more my xorg.conf
> for my nvidia GeForce 5200 FX / 1600*1200 resolution.
>
> Do you still know the lines in that file that needed to be modified?

Pierre,

Here is a link to my single monitor version of my xorg.conf:

http://www.medanalytics.com/xorg.conf.1

and here is one for my dual monitor (non-xinerama) set up, which is my
daily configuration. I have a Dell 1600x1200 20 inch external lcd panel
connected to my laptop:

http://www.medanalytics.com/xorg.conf.2

Note that in both, I have configuration options for using composite
extensions, which I do not use routinely, other than for testing. These
are commented out with "#".

The key is to modify the Modules section to either remove or comment out
the "Load dri" line.

In addition, the device section needs to be modified to replace the "nv"
Driver with "nvidia".

Finally, modify the Screen section to add, if needed, the "1600x1200"
resolution option for the Modes line.

Those are the key changes.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz