Kmail & LDAP Address completion (repost)

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Mar 31 20:44:51 UTC 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 13:31, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> Hello,
> Anyone knows how to integrate the address completion in Kmail to search
> from LDAP directory and use that for completion ?
>
> I've setup Kaddressbook to look at LDAP directory, and I can search the
> LDAP directory in Kaddressbook, but I cannot figure out how to tell KMail
> to use the LDAP directory as its autocompletion resource. From KDE website,
> KMail is supposed to support this.

OK, it's not fun replying to myself, but anyhow..

I've narrowed down the problem. Right after KMail start, if I compose a new
message, the address autocompletion will pull from the LDAP, and give me a
list in the dropdown box.
Then the second time, and anytime after that, trying to compose a new message,
address completion will only work from Recent Addresses and local addresses,
nothing from LDAP is displayed in the autocompletion drop down list.

Please, can anyone confirm or deny this ?

Thanks in advance.
Reuben D. Budiardja

--
Reuben D. Budiardja