up2date header files

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 22:55:55 UTC 2005

Mark Weaver wrote:
> I'm curious about something... are the up2date package header files that
> are stored in /var/spool/up2date needed for anything, or can I clear
> them out to conserve space on my hard drive?
>
> thanks,

I clean out the files periodically. It doesn't seem to mess things up
for me. I believe headers for avalable programs that are not yet
installed will be the bulk of headers that will reappear with time. The
rpms are removed by the default setting.

Jim

--
Stability itself is nothing else than a more sluggish motion.