need gui for ftp [solved]

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon May 9 12:00:37 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Duncan Lithgow wrote:
>

>>> How about:
>>> $ rpm -qi gftp
>>> $ rpm -ql gftp
>>> $ ls -l /usr/bin/gftp
>>>
>>> Have you disabled the "base" repo in yum?
>>

>> Interesting, yes I have. I've used the yum.conf from fedorafaq -
>> which has no entry called [base] . That's a bit of a surprise for me!
>

> Assuming you're using FC3, you should have a
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo containing the correct information.

Nope, that's gone, don't know why.

but I found a /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo on the net and have put it
in. Seems to work fine.

#
# Repository : fedora-Base
#

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

Look okay to you?

Thanks for the help. gftp is now installed and running.

Duncan