OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed May 11 23:39:44 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 00:48, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> If you are doing enough systems to care, download the Fedora iso images
> to an NFS server, burn only the first or the boot.iso, and install
> via NFS.

If you have decent bandwidth installing off the Internet is a realistic
option. I've used Squid, and I've configured a caching vhost as a proxy.
Both work well, Apache probably has the edge as you install from it and
don't configure a proxy.

And if you want to burn a CD later, you have the Apache log to show what
you need:-)

And the order:-))

--

Cheers