How to merge multipel yum caches and cache portability

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Tue May 17 02:00:47 UTC 2005

How would I go about merging the /var/cache/yum/ of multiple, up-to-date
machines ? And how portable is this folder? Can I just copy it to
another machine?

I just installed FC3, and haven't spend almost the entire day
downloading updates. I going to install FC3 on another machien soon,
which may or maynto eb attached to my network, so I would like to be
able to just burn the cache to acdrom, adn then copy it to another machine.

Please advise.