fc3 and cdrecord can't burn cd yet

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat May 21 21:33:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 11:54 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> The udev package was as current as yum could make it, I had done an update
> of software before trying to burn a cd and udev for as long as redhat has
> been using it has caused problems for that drive.  I've had more than one
> instance of fc3 installed on this machine and have yet to burn a cd with
> udev in operation.

I think that is something with the way you are using the cdrecord that
is distributed with FC3.  I have never had any trouble with it and have
always had udev running.

The version that is included with FC3 does not use the ide-scsi module,
instead it uses the ATAPI driver to access the CDR/RW or DVDR/RW

It works very well using either the nautilus cdcreator or with k3b. It
also works well from the command line when burning images to the CD.