Installing binaries

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon May 23 05:54:26 UTC 2005

I have been loking at Nedit and want to install it- but it is
available only as a binary. After googleing around a bit, I found that
in most distros binaries should be installed in /usr/local/bin, but in
redhat based distros this is different. So how/where should I install
this?

Also, whenever I download any program, I install it by moving it into
/usr/local/bin and running it from there. That's rpm's, perl programs,
and anything else. Is this wrong (or right)?

Dotan Cohen

http://LyricsList.com/
http://Music-Liriks.com/