Latest perl.x86_64 conflicts

Thomas Molina tmolina at cablespeed.com
Sun May 1 10:47:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Leopoldo Olmos wrote:

> The latest perl update (perl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3 and perl-
> suidperl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3.1) conflicts with file from package
> perl-5.8.5-9.
> What would be the best solution? rpm -e or wait for a new refurbished
> package?

Here is a followup issue.  My system was installed as an x86_64 system and
I remember deliberately choosing only a single i386 rpm to install.  That
was firefox, because of flash and a couple of other plugins I use which
only come in i386 versions.  I just checked, and I have a HUGE number of
packages which have both an i386 and an x86_64 version installed.

Now I'm wondering why there are so many i386 rpms installed when I chose
an x86_64 install and why this is the first time a conflict like the perl
issue has come up.