How can I use the advanced search more effectively, so that I will be less a pain?

Herschel hcohen2 at comcast.net
Sun May 1 21:09:54 UTC 2005

Mostafa Z. Afgani wrote:

> Herschel wrote:
>
> >"Error while attempting to retrieve the package [insert the name
> >selected] ...
> >The message was:
>
> >An HTTP error occurred:
> >Status Code: 404
> >Error Message: Not Found"
>

> Are you using YUM? If not, try as root:
>
> # yum update

Tried the single update with dubious syntax, which kept getting an error
on a small file saying meta data did not match the md sum.  Let this run
much too long prior to aborting it.

Then did the yum update, and while it seemed to terminate prematurely, I
rebooted and the new kernel is present.  Forgot to mention I reran the
command to redo the update, but I got the message that nothing remained
to be updated.

Yes your advice really helped!!  Thank you Mostafa.  Now to go back and
clean.