Forcing Screen Resolution

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun May 1 21:06:25 UTC 2005

The Disguised Jedi wrote:
> How can I force the desktop to use 1024x768 screen resolution.  I can't
> select a monitor in the list for some reason, the OK button is
> disabled.  Therefore, I'm restricted to the 800x600 or 640x480
> resolution.  My laptop dual-boots XP Home, and it can use that
> resolution, but that is the maximum.
>
> Thanks for help in advance!

The selections for some of the displays needs to be expanded (like using
a file manager to open a directory to show the files). When you
double-click one of the vendors or generic choices, you will see
additional resolutions and difering card types per vendor. Then you can
click on the OK button (forward, finish or whatever). These choices are
when you choose system settings --> display. (system-config-display)

I use generic LCD display at 1024x768 myself. Without this choice, I
could only get those very low resolutions.

Jim

--
For good, return good.
For evil, return justice.