Presentations using FC3

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Mon May 2 00:20:31 UTC 2005

On 5/1/05, Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 11:15 -0500, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to give a seminar using OO.o Impress / FC3, in a Dell Inspiron
> > 8600 laptop. I wonder if anyone could give me a hint on how to make it
> > work with a projector.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> I have an Inspiron 5000.
>
> To get it to work for me with nothing else required, I simply booted
> with the projector attached and powered on.  It "just worked".
>
> Also, to switch between video and LCD there is a function key on the
> Dell that does that.

Thanks,

Just for testing, I trying attaching a crt monitor to the video
output. Thank, i tried both methods (rebooting & using the cotrol
keys), but none worked. Rebooting, it just went into the regular
screen, nothing never appeared in the monitor. Then I tried the
function key, the monitor displayed a message saying something like
"Out of Sync" (I don't recall the exact message now), and the laptop
screen went blank. pressing the function keys once more, it went back
to the laptop screen (the crt went blank), but now it was twice the
size of a normal screen... only the let half appeared on the screen.
pressing CTRL+ALT+F7 brought the screen back to normal.

My question now is: should it have worked? or it will it be different
with a projector? (I won't have access to a projector untill
tomorrow.)

Thanks,

Gustavo Seabra                                           Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.                                   Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
Say NO! to software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com