How to check which packages are installed? to remove them?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon May 2 00:27:37 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 02.05.2005 schrieb Antonio Olivares um 2:14:

>    On one of my computers, System Settings ->
> Add/Remove Applications is not working as it should.
> So I removed it within itself, now I cannot see which
> packages are installed.  I know that the command(s)
> have been discussed before but I probably deleted the
> messages. rpm -??.  Is there a way via command line to
> determine which packages are installed in the system
> and how to remove them?
>
> Also I would like to ask on how to remove
> documentation from the system.  I need to know how
> much space help/man pages occupies.  I need to free up
> some space and want to know how to do it.

> Antonio

You do not see the irony within your writing? On the one hand you do not
have a look at the rpm man page (rpm --help can be useful too; not to
mention man yum) and on the other hand you want to remove documentation?

Please read first the documentation. When you know all from mind, you
then can go and remove it.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:23:33 up 3:52, 19 users, 0.21, 0.16, 0.14