apache/gnome service question..

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon May 2 03:27:56 UTC 2005

hi...

i've had to build apache1.3.33 on a FC3 system. apache2 normally sits in the
'/etc/httpd...' dir structure. apache1. seems to be placed in the
/usr/local/apache...' dir structure.. can anybody tell me how i can
configure/build apache1 to be placed in the same area as apache2...?

also, the apache1 doesn't show up as one of the services in the Gnome
service listing. can anyone point me to how i can get it to show up as one
of the services, or can you point me to a site on the web with this
information. tried to search with google, but didn't find anything useful...

-bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net