FC3, NT 4 PDC, auth problems after upgrade

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Mon May 2 12:43:34 UTC 2005

I finished upgrading a few weeks ago my RH 7.3 server to FC3, and I'm having
trouble with an NT server which is the PDC of the domain.

The problem is that my samba server si configured to autenticate against the
PDC server (euler.matematica) when ever someone wants to get a resorce:

   security = server
   password server = euler.matematica

This is an old configuration which worked for years, and after upgrading to
FC3, when ever someone want's to log in to the PDC (euler.matematica), they
get pass OK, but they can't get there profiles from the samba server, as well
as no other resorce from it.

In the log files I get this:

[2005/05/02 08:54:36, 1] auth/auth_server.c:check_smbserver_security(263)
  the challenge that the password server (EULER.MATEMATICA) supplied us is not
the one we gave our client. This just can't work :-(

Can someone give me a hint. I can't find any kind of documentation on it.

--
 09:37:14 up 30 days, 18:06,  1 user,  load average: 0.79, 0.48, 0.40
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'