FC3, MySQL and PHP [SOLVED]

Trevor "TeC" Christian trevor at bouyon.dalive.com
Mon May 2 13:10:37 UTC 2005

Trevor "TeC" Christian wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've run into a problem with my web development server.
>
> Up to this afternoon it was working.  Working meaning that my
> php/mysql pages worked.  The mysql server was then made to run as user
> mysql, which is an error it kept showing in the logs. SELinux is
> installed and enabled, and i believe i've gone through the steps of
> getting them to all work together quite nicely.
>
> However, i currently get the message unable to connect to server when
> attempting to use any of my database backed pages.  I see no SELinux
> errors in the logs, i see no mysql error logs.  I am able to use the
> local mysql client, and i'm also able to connect to the server from a
> remote machine.
>
> Can someone please help me, as i'm currently a lil frutrated and at a
> loss as to where to go from here.
>
> Thanx

The issue appears to have been between PHP and mysql - re
authentication.  The PHP client does not yet use the new password format
coming with mysql-4.x servers.  I guess there's something to be said for
walking away when frustrated.

SELinux was never fully identified as the "source" of the problems -
especially as i wasn't getting any messages all while i was trying that.

Thanx guys.

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472