FC3, MySQL and PHP [SOLVED]

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:40:44 UTC 2005

> The issue appears to have been between PHP and mysql - re
> authentication.  The PHP client does not yet use the new password format
> coming with mysql-4.x servers.  I guess there's something to be said for
> walking away when frustrated.
>
> SELinux was never fully identified as the "source" of the problems -
> especially as i wasn't getting any messages all while i was trying that.
>
> Thanx guys.

Hey ,

To make php work with mysql 4 or 5 do this.

at the command prompt mysql> means when ur at mysql command prompt.

set password for user at somedomain =OLD_PASSWORD('newpasswd).

For ex

set password for root at localhost=OLD_PASSWORD('ankush');

now mysql root has the password ankush

Set the password as per ur requirements and also the user.

Regards

Ankush