mysql 4.0

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:53:06 UTC 2005

hey friends,

 I download the Mysql 4.1.11 from the Mysql site .I am using FC3 ,it
did what was said or documented to make the mysql 4.0 to run.Now the
problem I am facing is that I have to go to the /usr/local/mysql/bin/
and then ./mysql -u root -p to access the mysql.

I added mysql.server to /etc/init.d / directory so that mysql can run
at startup.But I am not able to configure mysql in such a manner that
i can run the binary executables in mysql/bin/ from any where.

Is that due to path problem means the path for the mysql is not there
in the PATH variable in bash_profile.I have the root access for the pc
and I did everything through root.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover