Presentations using FC3

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:10:59 UTC 2005

On 5/1/05, Erik Hemdal <ehemdal at townisp.com> wrote:

> >I have an Inspiron 5000.
> >
> >To get it to work for me with nothing else required, I simply booted
> >with the projector attached and powered on.  It "just worked".
> >
> >Also, to switch between video and LCD there is a function key on the
> >Dell that does that.
> >

> Don't plug in the projector until the laptop is booted up completely.
> Most projectors wake up in either 640x480 or 800x600 resolution, and FC
> will accept that as the projector's resolution, and will give you an
> awful "viewport" behavior.
>
> If you wait for the system to boot (and have X running), then the
> projector will get whacked into the system's resolution and do what you
> want.
>
> On my Dell laptops, Fn-F8 (look for the blue keycap legends) cycles
> through the projector modes.  Look for three: 1) no projector output, 2)
> Projector but no LCD screen ouput, 3) Both LCD and projector display.
>
> Test this first.  OOffice sometimes does unusual things with slide
> displays, although it generally does very well.
>
> Erik

Hi erik,

I just tried. I can get either laptop scrrn or projector, never both.
And when I'm using the projector, I can't make the whole screen
appears, it's always "cut" at the left. Can it be because the laptop
has a widescreen?

Gustavo Seabra                                           Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.                                   Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
Say NO! to software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com