Strange name resolution

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Mon May 2 17:02:49 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mo, den 02.05.2005 schrieb Patrick Nelson um 1:57:
>

>>Anyone have any idea what is happening?  It sure appears to be a cache
>>issue but I'm not sure what are how to clear it.  Note also this has
>>happened before so it is not isolated.  TIA
>>

>nscd caching?
>
>Alexander

Wow thought nscd was just for caching authentication...  Didn't think of
that one and yes it is running.  However it is running on all the other
systems as well.and it should have re-cached the data over the
reboot...  Should it?  I did see any other way of flushing the cache
other than restarting it.