Problems with Tomcat5 on Fedora Core 2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon May 2 17:58:37 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 02.05.2005 schrieb Tom Grassia um 19:01:

> I'm running Fedora Core 2, and am trying to install the latest version of
> OX.  I've gone to
> Sietse Visser's installation site
> (http://sietse.net/exoops/modules/OpenXchange/) for Fedora/Redhat and have
> made it down
> to installing tomcat.

I recently installed OX 0.80 on a CentOS 4 system and the installation
part went smoothly. Too "inspired" by Sietse's howto.

> wget
> http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/jpackage/1.5/generic/free/RPMS/jakarta-commons-modeler-1.1-2jpp.noarch.rpm
> wget
> http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/jpackage/1.5/generic/free/RPMS/jakarta-commons-digester-1.5-3jpp.noarch.rpm
> wget
> http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/jpackage/1.5/generic/free/RPMS/mx4j-1.1.1-5jpp.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh jakarta-commons-* mx4j-1.1.1-5jpp.noarch.rpm

Why don't you use yum?

> All of this appears to run, so go with installing tomcat.
>

> When I try to do the apt-get install tomcat5 I get the following error:

>      tomcat5: Depends: jakarta-commons-modeler but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages

$ rpm -q --provides jakarta-commons-modeler
commons-modeler
jakarta-commons-modeler = 0:1.1-4jpp

$rpm -qa --qf "%{vendor} - %{name} %{version} - %{arch}\n" | grep
"JPackage Project" | sort

What does above command tell you on the target machine?

> To my knowledge I installed modeler and mx4j (which holds mxri).  Can
> someone point me to some very specific instructions to resolve this, or at
> least point me in the right direction?

> --Tom

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:52:30 up 3:58, 18 users, 0.25, 0.16, 0.10