Kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 hangs every few days

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Mon May 2 19:51:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:16:46 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <erik at epo.dk> wrote:

> For me it happens with Kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 on shutdown. As far as I
> can detect it is due to some lock being held. I am sorry I don't have
> more evidence but as soon as I get it I'll post the list.

I've had lockups on shutdown as well with this kernel, but it's not
consistent (sometimes the machine actually shuts down, sometimes it locks
up right after selecting shutdown in Gnome and before the screen switches
to text mode).  I've also had some lockups on attempting to enter
APM hibernation (which was no problem in earlier kernels).
Unfortunately, this one is intermittent as well, but only *seems* to
happen on battery after plugging/unplugging from the port replicator a
few times. System is a Thinkpad X22.

I've also had some hangs with blinking caps lock LEDs after using my
cardbus USB2 card (NEC chipset).  But since this is the first Fedora
kernel since FC2's release kernel that my USB2 card has worked AT
ALL in, I guess I can't complain about it *that* much. :)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!