Floppy disk (filesystem size)

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon May 2 20:59:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:30:06PM +0100, Fred Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'need to write 1440 (1K blocks) to a floppy disk.
> This is the size of a driver for the hardware, that I
> need to be able to install FC3 (from an (FC3-)ISO
> image) .
> How do I create a floppy that can hold 1440 (1K
> blocks)? Or what alternative do I have?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred

I am not sure why your floppy disk can't hold 1400 1 K blocks. But
look at man fdformat for various formating options.

"Regardless of the legal speed limit, your Buick must be operated at
speeds faster than 85 MPH (140kph)."
-- 1987 Buick Grand National owners manual.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.