Re Re Hp Deskjet 825C and FC3.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue May 3 14:24:26 UTC 2005

david walcroft wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
>
>> Olle & Susan wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, printing does work properly from other apps. (CD-covers are a
>>> little too small, but...)
>>> I did find a workaround, I lie and call my printer an HP Desk jet
>>> 840C. Then the printer
>>> works fine, must reduce the ink volume a little for perfect pictures.
>>>

>> Gimp has a seperate setting for printing.  If you check the setup
>> under printing, you will find that there are some added control codes
>> to the print command.  I found that I had to change these settings
>> according to the instructions on http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/ for
>> the hpijs driver.
>>
>> It is documented someplace on what needs to be changed.
>>
> Robin,
>   I've been searching for the hplip/gimp printing setup but haven't had
> any luck,do you remember where you saw it at hpinkjet.
>
>       david

It was night, it was late, I was under pressure to get stuff printed
for my daughters science fair project after taking my Epson on a
one-way trip to the floor (A long story).

I do not remember where I saw it in a read me file or if I searched
via google and came across it.  I followed the installation in the
hpijs driver on the initial setup.

You may get information from here.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Documentation.php3

I would have to check the settings but there was a change to the
characters in the gimp print settings.  As the printer is at home, I
would have to check that machine for it's settings.

I do know that I took my time setting up the printer and read all the
documentation, (I know that this isn't real geek procedure) but I
couldn't take the time to do it again.

I will look at home tonight.

--
Robin Laing