Same partition different size were reported by hardware browser and df

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 4 00:16:16 UTC 2005

One machine I installed fc3 in a partition where 25 gb was reserved, I
found that;

Using hardware browser to see that partition, size 25gb was reported (
This is correct size)

Using df  -h   /dev/hda10;

   Filesystem      size      used      Available      Used %
Mounted on
   /dev/hda10      15g      6.9g      6.9g               51%            /

Using fdisk;
                              Start         End               Blocks
              Id
   /dev/hda10           4264         7451            25607578+
83      linux

What is wrong ? This machine after used for a week, a message telling
that the partition is full (15gb is used up), and I found that under
/mnt/ms/ folder there were still some contents supposed should have been
umounted, even I umount it again, the contents are still there! I think
it has something to do with misreported partition size as above mentioned.