Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11

Steven J. Brown sbrown3 at optonline.net
Wed May 4 02:55:41 UTC 2005

When I run 'yum update', after several minutes of attempting to resolve
dependencies, yum gives me the following error message:

    Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11, this is not available.

No updates take place.  'rpm -qi samba-common' reported that I have
version 3.0.11.  I then ran 'yum update samba-common' and now I have
version 3.0.14 and I still get the error message.

I commented out the kde-redhat.org repository and re-ran 'yum update'
and it ran fine, updating a handful of programs.  Then I uncommented the
kde-redhat.org repository lines and ran yum again and got the same
message.  Searching list archives and google turned up nothing.  I had
the same problem on my notebook.

Other information:

kernel: 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 (yes, FC2)
KDE: 3.4.0