Access USB from Winxp Guest on FC3 host

Yuandan Zhang yzhang4 at turing.une.edu.au
Wed May 4 04:24:14 UTC 2005

Hi,
My question is how to access USB disk from WinXP guest on FC3 host? The
FC3 's plug-play feature is extremely good for USB disks.

However, when I try to access the USB disk by

VM => USB port1 , There is a error messge saying
'The specific device appears to be claimed by another driver
(usb-storage) on the host operation systrem which emans that the device
may be in use. VMware Workstation cannot safely take control of the
device untill the host driver is unloaded'

What I really want is that the USB disk is accessable by both the host
and guest operation system.  Any sugestions are welcome.

Yuandan