FC3 shutdown error with vmware

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed May 4 16:28:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 11:30 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Robert Locke wrote:

> >> Yuandan,
> >>
> >> Yes, you can update to v4.5.2 for free if you have a 20-character serial
> >> number for v4.x. Watch for v5 to be released very soon. Everything I
> >> hear about it is good -- particularly its memory management for multiple
> >> virtual machines.
> >>

> > Actually VMWare Workstation 5 has been released and is a $99 upgrade for
> > people with v4 serial numbers....  I've bought it but haven't had time
> > to dare the upgrade.....  One of these weekends....
>
> It's dead easy.  Just upgrade the RPM, rerun vmware-config.pl and then
> upgrade the VM hardware and reinstall vmware-tools.

Hey Matthew,

Just a nervous Nelly....  I only like upgrading stuff I care about when
I have time to do full backups, etc.  Been a while since I backed up the
whole VM (done the data of course regularly)....

Slightly off-topic question for this list, but when the VM hardware
upgrades does it tick off the Windows activation crap?

--Rob