TV Torrents for linux

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu May 5 00:21:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

>   A friend of mine has told me about torrents and sites for windows, ie
> torrentopia.  Is there anything similar to that for linux that I can use
> to download TV shows from popular torrent sites, or do I have to use
> linux specific torrent sites?

A torrent is a torrent is a torrent. It has not specific platform.

Please remember though that downloading TV programmes is illegal - IIRC,
this extends to PBS in the states.

Now, to download a legit torrent (say FC4 when it arrives), get a copy
of BitTorrent from fedora-extras, go to the torrent site you want (and
that applies to any torrent site), select the torrent, hit download and
away you go.

TTFN

Paul
--
"In an urban society, everything connects. Each person's needs are fed
by the skills of many others. Our lives are woven together in a fabric.