gcc for fedora

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu May 5 14:47:37 UTC 2005

darlene...

i imagine that it should be easy enough to get the source rpms for the rhel
gcc that you're using, and have/allow your engineers to rebuild it on FC3,
using the same compilation/build options.. this should give you a
compile/build environment close to what rhel has.

it may not be exact, given the FC3 will still have potential difference that
may result in you seeing different errs/msgs... welcome to the world os
distributed software development!!!

but this can be a good thing. it gives you/forces you to build consistent
code across varying systems.

-bruce