cpuspeed: 2g running at 800m

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Fri May 6 03:55:26 UTC 2005

Looks like a wrote too soon as well. I realized the seconds "OPTS" line was
commneted out so I uncommented it and commetned out the first one and
restarted. So far all seems well. My cpuspeed.conf file looks like:

# cat /etc/cpuspeed.conf
VMAJOR=1
VMINOR=1
#OPTS="-i 2"
DRIVER="powernow-k8"
#DRIVER="centrino"
OPTS="-i 2 -a /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/*/state -t
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature 75"
#

I also added

echo 1400000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

to /etc/init.d/cpuspeed.

Now I need to go off and figure out the events stuff. If there good resource
of what events there is? I would like to keep keep the processor as fast as
it can go while pluged into power and only slow down when on battery.

Thank you all for you time.

- Jamie