Script Question

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Fri May 6 18:25:23 UTC 2005

I've got a publishing script for some users to publish a couple of java
apps onto a test server.  The end of the script looks like this:

## RESTART_TOMCAT gets set to 1 earlier on in the script....
if [ $RESTART_TOMCAT -eq 1 ]
then
        echo "- Startup Tomcat"
        sudo -b -u tomcat /opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh
#        sudo -b -u tomcat /opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh &
#       sudo -u tomcat /opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh &
fi
echo "- Tailing CATALINA.OUT"
tail -f /opt/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

A user would ssh in, run the script and at the end, watch the logs roll
by.  Normally they'd hit control+C, log out and everything would be
fine.  If they just close the window though, it not only ends their
session and kills the shell but also kills tomcat.  I've commented out
the two other ways I've tried it, neither one helps.  I'm running FC3.
Anyone know what's going on?

	-Mike