Script Question (solved)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Fri May 6 19:47:19 UTC 2005

For any interested parties.  I got a tip to try out nohup again.  The
problem I was having earlier is that nohup tries to create a file called
"nohup.out".  Since I was sudo-ing to "tomcat" this was a problem
because user tomcat did not have access to my user's home directories.
Here's the fix:

if [ $RESTART_TOMCAT -eq 1 ]then
        cd /tmp
        echo "- Startup Tomcat"
        sudo -u tomcat nohup /opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh
        sudo -u tomcat rm nohup.out