yum update

Toralf Lund toralf at procaptura.com
Fri May 6 19:54:27 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:

>On 5/6/05, Andrea Bencini <andrea.bencini at tin.it> wrote:
>

>>I tried to update clamav with yum (yum update clamav), but I received this
>>message.
>>
>>http://apt.sw.be/fedora/3/en/i386/dag/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -1]
>>Metadata file does not match checksum
>>Trying other mirror.
>>Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from dag: [Errno 256] No more
>>mirrors to try.
>>
>>What do I have to do?
>>Can you help me?
>>Thank
>>Andrea
>>

>You can retry or use another mirror such as Fedora Extras or ATrpms.

Yes. I recently experienced something similar, but everything was OK
when I tried again. You can't control what mirror yum uses in the
default setup, of course, but it is likely to select another when you
re-rerun the command. Or at least that's how I understand it to work...
Furthermore, I suspect that it's actually repomd.xml, not the file
reported, that's faulty in this case; when there is a mismatch between
the checksum listed in repomd.xml and the computed one e.g. for
primary.xml.gz, yum will automatically try other mirrors' versions of
the latter file, but it will not reread repomd.xml. Or (again), that's
what I assume it does...

- Toralf