Creative Mouse "Notebook Optical" not working properly.

Toralf Lund toralf at procaptura.com
Fri May 6 21:00:43 UTC 2005

I think I'll try this one again, as it seems like I gave an inadequate
description when mentioning the problem earlier - so people drew wrong
conclusions about it all:

I'm having problems with a mouse of type "Creative Mouse Notebook
Optical" on my Fedora Core 3 system. Most features, including the scroll
wheel, work just fine, but middle button clicks are not registered
properly. Now, I said that earlier, too, but what I forgot to mention was:

   1. The problem is *not* that 3-button and/or wheel mice in general
      don't work on the system; I used to have a Logitech "wheel"
      variant, and middle click worked just fine on that - until it
      decided to break down fully. And I've tried other models in the
      past, too.
   2. Middle click is *not* disabled through 3-button emulation or
      anything like that. xorg.conf has
      Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
      - or at least it did originally - I've temporary changed it as a
      workaround.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

- Toralf