FC3 shutdown error with vmware

Yuandan Zhang yzhang4 at turing.une.edu.au
Sat May 7 00:05:44 UTC 2005

> if you really have vmware workstation 4.5.0 I would recommend getting
> version 4.5.2. Also, get the vmware-any-any-update90.tar.gz patch.

Alex,

After upgarted to 2.5.2, I had difficulty to install VMware tools, I did
VM -> install vmware tools, following instructions, I also get an  error messge, It pops up a 'Windows Installer' window, saying

error openning installation log file. verify the sepecific log file location exists and is writable

I can't find where is the installation log file. I check two possible location

dir, /tmp/vmware-zhang

AND

file /vmware/WinXp/vmware.log and this dir

Both are writable this user.

I have worked around and installed the vmware tools, but may not a good way. I copy the vmware tools files from VMware-Workstation CD to guest operation (winXp) C:/temp, modified a setting configure file, change a log file location top C:\temp\vmtemp.log

how to fix this.

Yuandan