Fedora Dispute

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 05:14:04 UTC 2005

--- David Hoffman <dhoffman2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/7/05, Murali Parth <muralinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello List,
> > Are we in danger of losing the name "Fedora" due
> the reported claim by
> > Cornell and Virginia universities ? Could any one
> clarify on this so
> > that we get to know the facts ?
> > Murali
>
> If they have to rename it, that doesn't mean any of
> the functionality
> will go away. So who cares what it's called?

You could not have said it any better.  Someone
already has suggested Fedriva.

Maybe if the name has to be change, take a poll with
all Fedora Core users.  We  should vote/decide what to
name the distro.  I hope that the functionality and
all the support from the fedora-list won't end if they
ever change the name.  In my opinion this is the real
Fedora, with the first one called Fedora Core 1 ->
yarrow, Fedora Core 2 -> Tettnang, Fedora Core 3 ->
Heidelberg (Heidelberg is a city in Germany, My father
was a ataff sargent in the US Army stationed in West
Berlin in the 1950's after Korean War and he had a
plaque with his name and in the back of the plaque it
had a picture of a city and the name Old Heidelberg).
For me this the real Fedora and I am thankful to all
who contribute to this great list.

While the other one is supposedly the real Fedora.
Who uses it?  I surely do not.