opengl programmning pronlem

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Mon May 9 08:59:14 UTC 2005

yufan wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am trying to learn  opengl programming using c++ or c. i read some
> tutorials and was told that i could not install mesa since i installed
> the linux version driver for my geforce2 MX400. I was also told that i
> should include glut.h in my code.but i cannot find this header file in
> my /usr/include/GL file.Here is the list of files which are now in my
> GL file:
> glext.h, gl.h, glx.h, glxtoken.h
> when i compile the source codes downloaded from Internet using gcc it
> always says "GL/glut.h file does not exist".can someone help solve
> this problem?thanks in advance.

The glut.h header is in freeglut-devel.

If you have trouble with freeglut you can try to install the
"real" glut from:

http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut.html

I had to do this to fix some font problems with freeglut.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk