Worm problem

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 9 14:55:19 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 14:13 -0600, Travis Rousseau wrote:
>
>>>Any ideas here?
>>
>>It could have been a program on another computer just using your email address.
>

> Happens to me from time to time.
> A lot of worms do that to try to hide where they are coming from.
> It's really annoying - especially when remote servers are configured to
> return messages that they found to contain a virus/worm.

Ditto,

It is a major headache here at work.  It seems that allot of outlook
users have been hit.  I get 10 to 12 a day via work related email
addresses.  Thank you junk filters.

Move them to a junk folder and then delete the "bad" ones.

Our IS department is not getting much success in getting rid of the
problem.
--
Robin Laing